Pep In My Step

Around here, if you have dentures, they should be in your head because with all that smiling going on, you want to look good. I'm not sure why on Friday, I and those around me seem to be a little happier. That reminds me, I need to get my false teeth made one of these days.

It's still about 22 days until I will be in South Dakota with my family doing the bi-annual reunion. Since I want to travel light, I have already started packing so I can see what will fit and what won't in my not so usual travel plans this year. The only thing that worries me about packing this early and having a handle on things, it may give the impression that I am organized. I'm not. Another thing that concerns me is that When the time comes to Really be ready, I will have overshot my mark and do something crazy like forget my luggage or something.

Time Line, let it shine
I will be arriving by Greyhound Bus on the 11th of July at 5:05PM according to their schedule. Sunset is 8:36 according USAToday almanac. I will not have a lot of time to unbox my bike, put it together and make the approximately 30 trip to Palmer Gulch. I am really looking forward to the entire week, a regular Lewis and Clark adventure. I have not taken a trip on a bus since I was a runaway teenager.

Miles and miles of commuting
My log book is looking good with the bike to car ratio. Last Sunday I drove my car about 10 miles, wanted to ride but was spent from the 50 miler I already put in that day. By the time Saturday evening comes I will have anywhere between 160 and 200 bike miles, with hopefully still just 10 miles of driving. That should help with the annual goal.

Have a good weekend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!