On Fences

If you climb through a barbed wire fence, you probably know that it should be worth it because the work it takes spreading the wire and avoiding the barbs can be a little risky. In short, care has to be taken, and a little time too. Climbing over the barb wire fence is even more difficult. Have you ever seen anyone standing on a barb wire fence? I haven't. Now where I'm from almost all the fences are made of rock. No way, absolutely cannot climb through one of those, you've got to go over or find a gate. But standing on a rock fence is easy, even if it has a gabled top. It's almost a foot wide and sturdy as the earth it's planted in. There are all kinds of fences in this world, each with its own degree of ease/difficulty of climbing through, over, or just standing on it. Perhaps there are as many styles of fences as there are beliefs and convictions we each live with day to day throughout our lives. I know I've had to climb a few, go through, and yep, I'm standing on a few too. I think it's OK to stand on fences, but there is a stability issue. I don't want it wobbling me off....Again. I remember once I went through a fence, seemingly unnoticed, and found out the grass was actually greener from whence I came, but I took a leisurely stroll and found the gate. That was my best experience in trading fence sides. There are still some sides of the fence I have not crossed, and don't plan to this late in the game, but one never knows, does one? Joe Kurmaskie shows in one of his anecdotes that it's ok to stand on the fence, but you are better off proclaiming it early on in his book Metal Cowboy. A really good read.

It was 80 degrees coming into work this morning, and should be over a 100 when I go home at 4:00PM. Gotta love this heat. The wind was out of the north, right into my face, I durn sure hope it is doing the same thing going home. Just kidding, because I am pedalling in it no matter what the weather is doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Car Magnets - Print & Slap One On!